BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crazy dreams!

Everyone told me about these crazy dreams that I might start getting once I got pregnant. Boy were they not kidding. They began pretty early on in my pregnancy and have just gotten progressively weirder.

Last night I had a dream that I was floating down some insane rapids on a child size floaty with some friends from high school. I almost died. When we got to the end one of them had found 40 bucks. The 40 bucks was the change that I keep for customers at work I blamed one of them for stealing it and ran off. All of the sudden I was at work and was yelling at the owner about someone stealing squirts of my conditioner. I told her that if she didn't get a handle on these people stealing my stuff I was leaving. Then I was instantly somewhere else. I don't know what any of this is about. I guess because I am not pleased with the owner and have been considering a salon move after the baby comes.

I woke up and went back to sleep and then came the AWFUL dream. It was about Rory our youngest dog. I had a dream that she was too sick to continue living. So while we were at my grandmas old house in Arizona I decided to cut off her legs. All but one came off easily with a plastic knife and with no blood whatsoever. The last one started to bleed so I didn't remove that one. (Creepy) So there she is with one leg (I'm sure this came from the fact that she only has the use of 3 legs and I feel like it''s our fault for not fixing her 4th one) Then I decide to remove her ear, just one though. Then I say - Well I guess she's not gonna die like this - the EASY way so lets take her to the vet to have her put to sleep. (hmmmm) I get in the car carrying her (cuz she can't walk without legs) and Mike is driving the car. (This comes from discussing riding with him and Jen on Friday) We get to the vet and they come out with a stretcher for her. All of the sudden Mike is James. We are holding her down so they can give her the shot. Suddenly Rory turns into a screaming baby. WHAT!! I started screaming and crying. Then I woke up in tears. This was probably the craziest dream I have had so far. Please don't try and have me committed.

10 comments:

mrs. rains & family said...

oh my gosh, lisa! i almost started crying reading about your dream! that is horrible. i had horrible dreams too. like in one, the baby was crying and crying, and i couldn't get her to calm down, so i was holding her against my chest and kinda bouncing. when i brought her down, she was a CAT!!! i was freaking out, and then jason was like "get that cat out of here!" and was shooing it away. and i was like, "NO! that's my baby! what happened to my baby?" but no one would listen and they just kept trying to get rid of the cat. ah! awful! so... your dog turns into a baby, and my baby turns into a cat... haha, i wonder if animal/baby dreams are common?

Katie said...

those dreams are horrible huh?! so stinkin vivid too

The Potts Family said...

I would say that constitutes as a nightmare. I'm not pregnant, but I had a weird dream last night that Jay got beat up because he was wearing a cowboy hat in a restroom at OU. It was a violent, disturbing, stupid dream.
I hope for you tonight to dream of white fluffy kittens (with all legs and ears attached) and roses.

Baghdad Multisport said...

I keep having these dreams where I'm home and with my family and happy. Then I wake up and say "Crap, I'm still in Iraq!"

But your's are definately weird. Katie would have crazy dreams too, like sauteing Reilly and him doing the mission impossible pose trying not to get burnt. LOL.

Jen said...

lay off the drugs!

JB said...

next time try having these dreams either about 3 hours before I have to wake up or anytime after I'm already awake. Try not to have them 15 minutes before it's time for me to wake up. This is a horrible way to start the day. Remember, it's all about me.

Anonymous said...

i know that i am supposed to comfort you with some jargon about hormones and dopamine but the truth is that your really receiving visions.

therefore...

The river is your spiritual life, the floaty is your mother and the references to shampoo are clearly a manifestation of marital happiness.

Rory is Barack Obama, the knife is your hair trimmer, each leg represents a former world empire, the fourth the being Rome and the vet represents your baby. You received two visions because the matter has been firmly decided.

Lisa said...

Ok David. I think maybe you need to be committed now!

C said...

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry you had such a bad dream. That was hard to read, I can't imagine actually dreaming it! :(
I do think animal/baby dreams must be common! I used to have them all the time.. most frequently one where we were keeping the baby in the dog crate, and I forgot to feed her and you know what happens when you don't feed your 'pets.' It was AWFUL. I also used to dream a LOT about leaving the baby somewhere, like the hospital. We'd get home and realize it, and argue about who had to go back and admit that we were stupid and had left the baby! LOL.

mrs. rains & family said...

hey! i'm glad you guys had fun... but i'm sorry we didn't get to see you more. i felt bad that we really didn't get to visit. can we make a time, soon? we miss you guys. but thank you SO much for coming! it meant a lot to us that you were there!