BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

People have NO manners!

As I am sure everyone knows I am 20 weeks pregnant. I knew that I was eventually going to get people making stupid comments, I just didn't realize that it would be this early. Last week was the first week that I began to really show. I believe I have gained a total of 7 pounds so far. Totally normal. It's not like I have gained 50 pounds or anything. Anyways, today a lady looked at me and the first words out of her mouth were - Oh my gosh you have gotten soooo big. Are you sure you are not having twins because you look big enough to be having twins. I was like HUH?? No I am not having twins. She says - Are you sure because you look really big? Then she says - How many weeks are you? I told her, and she says Well I guess that's normal. REALLY?? Did she just say that? As you can guess I was so mad. My next thought was - Go ahead and have a seat and let me use these very sharp shears on your head!!! She's lucky that she didn't leave bald. Too bad I am way too chicken to ever take revenge through a haircut. Guess I should just prepare myself for this kind of stuff.

7 comments:

JB said...

You are beautiful and perfect. Some times people don't know what they are saying. Trust me I would tell you..j/k.

mrs. rains & family said...

oh, just get ready! :-)

i had people arguing with me about my due date and the twin thing, too! luckily you have a really long torso, so you won't have the baby-belly-2-feet-out-in-front-of-you-because-there's-nowhere-for-it-to-go dilemma! :-) it was fun stuff. i couldn't see my feet, shave or put on my shoes for months. (no, i didn't have hairy legs... jason just had to help out! ha!)

anyway, i can't wait to see MORE of your baby! and i think you're a totally HOT mommy!... right up there with angelina, in fact! :-)

Alison said...

Next time just say "No - I'm just fat, not pregnant" and see what happens! Could be fun!

Jen said...

once again so sad I couldn't be there to defend you!!! People are jerks and you will find more unsolicited advice in our field than any! It really upset me when it wasn't even my client saying it to me!!

Baghdad Multisport said...

Ok, so all those times I asked a pregnant girl if she was preggo or just drank too much beer and got a gut, she was not finding the same humor in the situation? Boy, do I feel stupid. I am never going to try and say anything that I feel is funny and witty to a pregant women ever again. I was way off!

Anonymous said...

7 pounds? Twins? What was she looking at.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the crazies have come out of the woodwork. Seems like when it comes to a pregnant woman people loose all sense of common sense. Just wait till the tummy touching starts. I personally like the comment "touch it and you pull back a bloody stump"