BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

My New Ring!!!!!!!!

Ok so today James and I went to Jared's to look around. We both agreed that we would NOT buy anything. The diamond from my engagement ring is well over 100 years old and has had some damage from being that old. We had decided to remove the diamond from the ring and place it in a necklace to protect it from further damage. When we got to the jeweler we were very disappointed. They told us that the diamond had received far too much damage to even be removed. They feared that removing the diamond would cause it to completely fall apart. We would have to sign a waiver releasing them from any responsibility for damage to the diamond. The lady told us that the ring was totally worthless. My first reaction was YOU B*%#H. I was ticked. The ring is worth a lot to me. It came from James' side of the family and was passed down. I LOVE IT! I was really upset. Anyway, I was totally unwilling to sign that release form so James came up with a new idea. Just get a new ring and leave the original one alone to preserve it. We started looking around and found a ring that looked EXACTLY like this one. The only problem was that the price was a little high. No thank you. Well the lady pulled out this ring to see if it was a little smaller and cheaper. Well when she looked at them together we quickly realized that it was not smaller but exactly the same. Much to our surprise the price was more than half the price of the other one. HECK YEAH!!! We checked out the rings and decided that there was no difference between the two. She came to the conclusion that the cheaper ring had been mis-priced. She said there was no way it was that cheap. We said - Tough crap for you guys. We'll take it! So I got a new ring and can feel better about keeping the original one safe.YIPPEE!!! I love it. What do you think about it???





8 comments:

Alison said...

Can't believe you got such a good deal!!! But I love the new bling! Looks great on you - enjoy it!

The Potts Family said...

I did notice that sparkly ring last night, but I haven't been around long enough to realize it was new!
Its gorgeous! I love diamonds. So pretty!!!!

Jen said...

You know how much I love diamonds that can be seen from far away!! Wave it in front of Mike's face and see if he gets the hint!!! Hahahaha.

Jen said...

very nice! when am I up for another upgrade? hmmm

Anonymous said...

you are so spoiled...stop giving jen bad ideas

Sherry Turner said...

I just have one word to say...LUCKY! Of course, I am saying it in the Napoleon Dynamite voice!! Enjoy, it is beautiful. BTW it is our 5 year coming up. Oh yeah, five year meaining the year of the diamond!!!

JB said...

You must have a really great husband!!

mrs. rains & family said...

wow!!! i LOVE it!!! you like like a fancy rich lady! :-) so, here's what i think... i think james should bring up to jason how inexpensive the ring was and all the pros on getting you that new ring... then jason will gradually accept the idea and bring it up to me like he thought of it! brilliant! :-) and i also think we need to get together... soon! no more school, so no more excuses!

and i love that we made your blog list on your blog! :-)

love you guys!