BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My "Guard" Dogs



As many of you know James and I have two vbig dogs Camry and Rory. Our dogs have always been the type to lick a total stranger to death instead of bark at them. This always lead me to wonder whether or not they would protect me if there was an intruder or something. Today I found out the answer to my question. James and I are having a sprinkler system put in (finally - only 6 years late but whatever). I woke up this morning and looked out the window and all was normal. The dogs were in the yard playing and Everett and I were hangin in the house. A few hours later I looked out the back window again and there were flags all over he yard! The sprinkler guy had come out and flagged the whole yard. Do you know what this means? This means that a total stranger opened my back gate (where my two 70+ pound dogs were) and walked around the back yard putting his flags down while the dogs just watched him. They never let me know he was back there! I had no idea! Some guard dogs. Guess it's a good thing we have an alarm system since they aren't good for anything but hangin out, being cute and releasing those disgusting dog farts. Good thing I love them so much.

4 comments:

Jen said...

that's funny!! my little Jack rat would have made a huge fuss!!!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I can't believe the sprinkler guy's even went into your yard w/ the dogs anyways! Landry would have gone nuts!

Funny/Random thing - Landry is really afraid of fart noises. We can't make any noises that are remotely similar to a fart - like if the Ketchup makes a noise - he is traumitized. If he farts it freaks him out and he runs out of the room &hides. So not only are they disgusting it is a traumitizing experience for him. I promise we did not fart torture to our poor dog. :-\ - Sunny

Anonymous said...

Biscuit would have woke up the neighbors in all surrounding neighborhoods with her bark.

Alison said...

How wierd is this...I've known you guys for almost 3 years, and don't think I've ever actually seen your dogs! They're always in the yard or bedroom when I'm there. Crazy! Anyway, I love the new background!