BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

PART-TIMER

I am officially a part-time cosmetologist. I had planned on going back to work full-time after I had Everett, but James and I have decided that it would be best if I went back part-time. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it but I LOVE IT!!!! I am only working 3 days a week now Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I am so blessed to be able to have a family that I love and a job that I love as well and I get to have a balance between the two. I know that not a lot of people are lucky enough to have flexible jobs so I really feel blessed. There has only been one down side. I am having a hard time getting all of my clients in. They definitely have to either pre-book or call WAY ahead of when they want their appointment. It makes me feel bad, but not bad enough to go back to working full-time any time soon. I worry that I will lose a lot of clients but I don't want to give up any time with E. I am learning how to get in more than one client at a time which is working out well. We will see how it goes!!

6 comments:

JB said...

that sounds like a great idea!

Jen said...

part time is awesome! I love it!! nothing like a 25 hour work week!! you will love all the time you get to spend with E! it goes by fast and you won't get the time back so enjoy it!!!!

David Yee said...

i agree...some of your clients will be angry about it, but you just have to let it roll off. do what is more important

Barb Havlik said...

Hip Hip Hurray! That is so wonderful. Any time you can choose not to leave Everett with a sitter is a good time. I pray this will continue to work out for all 3 of you. God Bless, I love you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Or you can keep your name permenantly on the waiting list and wait until your stylist calls you.

Sherry Turner said...

I know this is a little late, but I am so happy for you. I am glad that you are able to swing the lifestyle you want for your family. And I am ok with pre-booking. It is worth it!!!