BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Gender of Our Baby!!


OK! So Monday I went to the doctor to get my early pregnancy screening. It is done at 12 weeks and they test for downs and other chromosomal defects. They test your blood and do an ultrasound. Then about 3 weeks later they do another blood test and compare everything. So far all of our tests have come back great. We now just have to wait for that last blood test. Even this early in the pregnancy at these visits they can sometimes tell you the sex of your baby. Ever since we found out that we were pregnant James and I had decided that we were going to have a girl. Even though we had no evidence of a girl we just assumed that is what we were having. We had a name picked out and were ready to hear the news. Then it happened. I was at the doctor and got the news. It's a BOY! Imagine my shock. I questioned the doctor. I wanted to know how sure he was and how he could possibly know that it was a boy. Well he proceeded by zooming in on the part of the baby that makes it being a boy a dead give away. I was convinced. Then when I left I felt really bad about being SLIGHTLY shocked. An hour later I was thrilled. I had decided that this was going to be great. A little boy!! WOO HOO!!! Later that evening when James arrived home I delivered the great news. His response.... REALLY??? That was exactly what I said to the doc. REALLY??? He was a little shocked too. Then, just like me about an hour later he was thrilled. It took him all of 15 minutes to get on the Polo Baby website and pick out about $250 worth of boy clothes. (It could be more but thank goodness he didn't actually buy it... YET) So there you have it. We are having a baby boy and we can't wait to meet him.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Woo-hoo!! A little baby Burgess boy! We can't wait to meet him either!

mrs. rains & family said...

YAY!! emma is SO excited to meet her little "younger man!" :-) your little guy is going to be the cutest and best dressed kid ever! tell james that he doesn't have to go straight for polo... old navy works pretty well, too! :-) love you guys... all THREE of you! hehe

Heather Hardin said...

Girl, I am so happy for you guys. It always seems to go in spurts. We are having a testosterone streak right now. At least they can have buddies together!! I bet he is going to have your awesome skin and james way trendy hair. GORGEOUS kiddo!!

hh

JB said...

If that kid looks anything like his dad he is going to be one good lookin' kid! Plus his dad knows he doesn't always need Polo...just when he's trying to impress the ladies, or when his dad gets a discount. Either way, he better learn how to tie a bow tie.

Jen said...

I can't wait!!!! if he looks anything like his double cousins, he will be one adorable kiddo!!!! ;) which by the way I can't wait to see how the genes play out!!!

The Potts Family said...

We can't wait to meet him either!! We are so happy for yall!

Alison said...

Don't feel bad! Heather was convinced that Ella was going to be a boy....even up to the point of birth when I said "It's a girl!!" Neither she OR Geoff believed me until the doctor confirmed it. Like I'm gonna lie about that?? :)

I'm so excited for you guys though! We're going to have boys all over the place now!

Katie said...

cant wait!!!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting. I remember those early pregnancy moments.. keep a scrapbook- it's fun to go back and look!

Sherry Turner said...

We are so pumped for you guys. I can't wait to meet him either!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lisa & James! We are so thrilled for you and praise God for blessing your precius family.